LOCAL ACTIVITIES (for the local BME communities with a particular emphasis on people of Euro-Mediterranean origin who live in Brighton & Hove):
- Advice & guidance,
- Signposting & referral,
- Mentoring & advocacy,
- Training & skill-building support,
- Cultural and social projects,
- Broadcasting & publishing.
We focus more in the following areas of local work:
- Skills training (e.g. community media, communication)
- Organisational development (e.g. setting up own community and voluntary group, tactical advice, mentoring)
- Cultural development (e.g. cultural & arts projects to increase engagement and solidarity between communities)
We are not direct training providers. However, we collaborate with the learning providers (e.g. community learning unit of the B&H City Council, City College, etc.) in securing places for the members of the diverse communities.
We also have informal learning and awareness-raising environments including the following:
- Euro-Mernet Film Club for exploring the Euro-Mediterranean cinema;#
- Festivals, fairs, and social parties for exploring Euro-Mediterranean culture, music and cuisine,
- Radio Euro-Mernet for raising awareness on the regional cultural diversity.
ON INTERNATIONAL LEVEL:
We regularly work on news and information gathering, publishing, broadcasting, strategic research and training on environment, human rights, development, social justice and civil liberties in Euro-Mediterranean countries.
We also provide advice, mentoring and training support for community and voluntary groups in Euro-Mediterranean countries.